|Title:||Offline Sales Manager|
|Location:||OH - Columbus|
|Job Category:||Consumer Marketing|
GateHouse Media is seeking to hire an innovative and results oriented Manager of Offline Channel Sales, who will be responsible for managing the acquisition of print & digital subscribers for all publications owned and operated by GateHouse Media across the United States.
This position will be expected to implement marketing campaigns and strategies for acquisition channels that include crewing, kiosk, outbound telemarketing, direct mail, single copy inserts and other channels that will increase and contribute directly to the overall growth and health of the audience.
This position will be expected to manage expense budgets related to each channel and manage metrics associated with ROI and efficiencies derived through consolidation of channels and vendors. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Subscriber Acquisitions – Offline Channels.
- Responsible for executing pressure start campaigns for various offline acquisition channels (telemarketing, kiosk, crewing, single copy inserts, direct mail, etc.)
- Manage expense budgets by channel and ensure that volume / profitability goals are met on a consistent basis
- Responsible to track the effectiveness and ROI of campaigns and hard pressure channels against KPI goals through proper reporting and use of analytic tools
- Manage sales pipeline from data to conversion, while simultaneously prioritizing property deadlines and workloads
- Collaborate with Regional Planning Directors on monthly, quarterly and annual goals and communicate progress on a regular basis
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations group and mail houses to develop market specific offers, lead scoring and data requirements for direct response programs
- Work closely with vendors on a weekly basis on data management and reporting
- Track sales plans and goals by property and pressure channels to evaluate vendor performance and develop sales plans
- Minimum of 3 years of proven sales experience in campaign planning, vendors & budget management, and problem resolution
- Deep understanding of the pressure sales process in the publishing business is essential
- Experience in managing hard pressure acquisition sales and vendor contracts
- Results-oriented, self-directed individual with strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically 10-20% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
- Sitting for extended periods, working on computer
- Working remotely and managing expectations for multiple markets across the USA from one physical market location
- Ability to be on phone calls / conference calls for extended periods of time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.