|Title:||Digital Sales Manager|
|Location:||IL - Springfield|
GateHouse Media is an industry-leading media organization, investing in cutting-edge technologies, products, services and partnerships to revolutionize how we serve our 220,000 small- and-medium-sized business customers in a digital world.
The State Journal – Registry, a GateHouse Media publication, and ThriveHive, our Digital Marketing Agency, is currently seeking a Digital Sales Manager to lead operations in Springfield, IL. Are you a digital marketing enthusiast? Would you like to work for a Premier Google Partner with extensive market share? Bring your digital and sales acumen to the largest publisher of local media in the US! Apply directly for immediate consideration.
The primary responsibility of the Digital Sales Manager is to increase digital advertising revenues by actively engaging with MMSEs and DSSs in field calls, client visits and overall revenue driving activities. This position directly affects and is responsible for achieving or exceeding digital revenue targets in the market.
- Consistently meets/exceeds market’s digital revenue targets.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of all GateHouse Media sales and marketing assets, including all digital products and digital marketing services (ThriveHive) and able to transfer the knowledge to direct reports.
- Represent and embrace new non-traditional products and services that the company may introduce as we look to diversify new revenue streams that capitalize on our customer base and scale.
- Follows GateHouse prescribed best practices on Pipeline Management and Gap Analysis and completes all required sales process activities.
- Develops new business by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the customer.
- Effectively communicates with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-).
- Ensures that the team consistently meets and/or exceeds digital revenue goals. Always aware of performance to goal; measures sales executive performance by revenue to goal, quarterly and annually.
- Holds staff accountable to digital revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics. Creates effective formal activity metrics for staff.
- Spends significant time with MMSEs and DSSs visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening account relationships. Uses these opportunities to coach staff.
- Must act as the in market ThriveHive “champion” being well versed in all ThriveHive products and fulfillment procedures.
- Works in tandem with the ThriveHive Channel Sales Manager to identify revenue opportunities and in market support.
- Develops a strong sales plan with team and holds staff accountable for achieving their plans.
- Provides appropriate mix of direction and strategy. Collaborates with the staff on strategy, innovation, etc., to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients.
- Meets 1:1 with each MMSEs and DSSs every week to review performance to goal, new business opportunities and challenges.
- Develop and present audience based, multi-media sales campaigns to meet the diversified needs of our customers and maximize customer ROI.
- Evaluates and implements appropriate new sales techniques to increase sales volume.
- Manages, directs and coaches sales force to achieve sales and profit goals.
- Meet or exceed monthly digital and ThiveHive goals by executing a systematic, daily sales routine and developing strategy that identify customer pain points, align solutions to customer needs and grow territory market share.
- Knowledge of competitive media landscape; using for new business development and sales analysis.
- Ability to prospect new business via cold calling and other prospecting techniques, making assigned number of new business calls on a weekly basis.
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed.
- Ability to close new business and exceed sales targets.
- Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations.
- Strong networking and community involvement skills.
- Strong time management and follow up skills.
- Organized with an attention for detail.
- Computer and software experience with MS Office programs including Word and Excel.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience in media related business.
- Sales management experience, preferably in outside sales environment.
- Prior experience in digital marketing sales highly desirable.
Local Impact. National Scale. Meaningful Work Inspiring Change.
GateHouse Media is one of the largest publishers of locally-based print and online media in the United States, our 145 daily publications operate in 570+ markets across 36 states and our extensive portfolio of business solutions support 220,000 small-and medium-sized business customers in and outside of our markets. We are driven by our commitment to deliver high impact, trusted journalism and premier commercial products and services to our business customers, enriching the communities we serve.
Our 10,000 employees enjoy the opportunity to grow professionally while making a positive impact on their community. Learn more about the work we do at gatehousemedia.com.
GateHouse Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: