|Title:||Acquisition Marketing Specialist|
|Location:||OH - Columbus|
|Job Category:||Consumer Marketing|
GateHouse Media is seeking an Acquisition Marketing Specialist to join their team. This role will be expected to assist, implement and coordinate marketing campaigns and initiatives for acquisition channels that include crewing, kiosk, outbound telemarketing, direct mail, single copy inserts and other channels that will increase and contribute directly to the overall growth and health of the audience.
This position to work with Planning Directors, industry vendors, market influencer, the Sr. Manager and Manager of Subscriber Acquisitions - Offline Channels on a regular basis in order to execute hard pressure sources and campaigns to meet strategic objectives.
- Play a critical role in the execution and monitoring of market strategies that optimize sales for hard pressure channels across GateHouse.
- Assist with the planning of campaigns for acquisition off line marketing channels.
- Work closely with a variety of cross functional partners across GateHouse business units to execute acquisition off line marketing plans and initiatives.
- Responsible for Acquisition Offline channel plan management including circulation summaries, offer pages updates, creative submissions, project scheduling and tracking as well as timeline updates.
- Coordinate creative, disclaimers and terms of sale along with consumer messaging through various channels including inserts, onserts and direct mail.
- Assess creative to ensure campaign objectives are effectively communicated and creative is on brand.
- Responsible to develop and track the effectiveness of sales plans and goals by property and offline channels through proper reporting to evaluate and communicate performance.
- Manage performance metrics data and ensure that all information is easily and readily accessible and as well as pushed weekly to key GateHouse shareholders
- Acts effectively to identify and capitalize upon any opportunity to improve cost efficiency and productivity within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist with the implementation of analytic tools, technology and process to drive efficiency across GateHouse.
- Assist Acquisition Offline team members with day-to-day acquisition offline tasks, coordinating projects and activities as requested
- Ability to use spreadsheets, presentation, word processing and database programs.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in campaign planning, vendor management and problem solving
- Ability to work in fast pace environment with tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Possess a “roll-up your sleeves” mentality to drive organizational change
- Ability to work effectively cross functionally with multiple teams at all levels of the company
- Detail oriented with the ability to ensure marketing programs stay on track with deliverables
- Excellent organizational skills to monitor and prioritize multiple activities at once
- Deep understanding of the pressure sales process in the publishing business is essential
- Results-oriented, self-directed individual with excellent interpersonal, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.