|Title:||Classified Sales Manager|
|Location:||GA - Athens|
- Consistently meets/exceeds all print and digital revenue targets.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of all GateHouse Media sales and marketing assets, including all newspaper products, digital products and digital marketing services able to transfer the knowledge to direct reports
- Follows GateHouse prescribed best practices on Pipeline Management and Gap Analysis, reviews all required sales process activities and provides direction and feedback to increase closing ratios for their team. Manages staff to consistently maintain a forward, robust pipeline in the Sugar CRM.
- Ensures that the team consistently meets and/or exceeds revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics. Always aware of performance to goal; measures sales executive performance by revenue to goal, quarterly and annually. Ensures that high levels of performance are always top of mind.
- Spends significant time weekly with MMSEs visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening account relationships; uses these opportunities to coach staff.
- Meets 1:1 with each MMSE/DSS every week to review performance to goal, new business opportunities and challenges
- Provides appropriate mix of direction and strategy. Collaborates with the staff on strategy, innovation, etc., to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients
- Drives consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors. Ensures that each MMSE/DSS consistently presents products/services appropriate to client needs and constantly monitor the “health” of the relationship between the client and MMSE/DSS.
- Reviews and critiques all presentations and campaign proposals and coaches MMSE/DSS on improving this process.
- Understands methodology for goal setting and applies that methodology accordingly. Has an in-depth knowledge of MMSE accounts, prospects and each prospect's potential.
- Establishes aggressive but realistic goals for staff; incorporates staff’s input in the goal setting process.
- Reviews market activities to develop new business by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the customer.
- Effectively communicates with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-)
- Maintains the highest levels of personal and professional behavior in the workplace and in the market
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of competitive media landscape; use for new business development and sales analysis
- Ability to coach and develop cold calling and other prospecting techniques including social media where applicable
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed through others
- Ability to close new business and lead a team to exceed sales targets
- Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results, and coaching others to do so
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations
- Strong networking and community involvement skills
- Eagerness to learn, continually seeking to improve sales skills and the skills of others
- Strong time management and follow up skills
- Organized with an attention for detail
- Computer and software experience.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience in media related business.
- Sales management experience, preferably in outside sales environment
- Prior experience in digital marketing sales highly desirable
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
- Walking, primarily on a level surface for varied periods throughout the day;
- Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist;
- Lifting up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Please send resumes to: mailto:email@example.com