|Location:||MO - St. Louis|
|Job Category:||News Room / Editorial|
Missouri Lawyers Media is Missouri’s largest, most respected legal news source. We cover legal news, court opinions, verdicts and settlements, foreclosures and public notices in Missouri.
Missouri Lawyers Media serves lawyers and legal organizations with molawyersmedia.com and six daily and weekly business newspapers, including Missouri Lawyers Weekly, a statewide news organization and repeated winner of state and national awards for journalism excellence. We also produce special-topic sections and magazines. We’re committed to the highest standards of journalism ethics and excellence, and to helping you do your best work.
Missouri Lawyers Media seeks a news editor to develop and coordinate production of print and digital content for our wide array of digital and print news and information services for Missouri attorneys.
- Assigning, editing and coordinating publication of content for our daily/weekly publications, as well as special sections and special-topic magazines
- Supervising freelance writers and editing their content to Missouri Lawyers Media’s high standards of accuracy and tone
- Enterprise reporting and writing of features and occasional breaking news to reflect the needs and interests of a sophisticated, law-oriented audience
- Coordinating content selection and editorial production of our daily newspapers
- Assisting the Editor-in-Chief with story selection and copyediting.
- Assisting the Digital Editor at times by assembling daily and breaking news alerts, or other digital content for molawyersmedia.com
We’re seeking a person with:
- Minimum three to five years newsroom experience
- Strong news judgment and ability to grasp and effectively tell the stories found within complex court opinions or legal documents. Show us your best clips for work you’ve written or edited.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines, manage multiple assignments and set effective workload priorities
- Skill and experience in news writing, copyediting, meticulous proofreading and fact-checking
- Strong audience-development instincts
- Ability to initiate and direct special projects.
- Knowledge of and experience with AP style
- Ability to work collaboratively with a statewide, multi-office team to complete projects
- Strategic thinking and willingness to express and act on initiative
- Strong organizational and data-collection skills
- Multi-platform technical skills, particularly proficiency with WordPress or other content-management systems
- Strong preference given to candidates with experience in legal or financial journalism
- Law degree not required but a plus.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.