|Location:||NC - Hendersonville|
Essential Job Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for:
- Provide assistance to the ASC and FSC support staff to ensure timely and accurate financial transaction processing.
- Provide accounting and administrative support as assigned by the Finance Director and/or Senior Finance Manager.
- Provide operational reporting support to the local circulation department, including audit support.
- Responsible for processing carrier billing and monthly subscriber closing process requirements.
- Post local circulation transactions, including payments and adjustments, to applicable circulation sub-ledger.
- Perform the single-copy returns audits / finance verification.
- Maintain carrier packages, including all required documentation requirements.
- Function as customer support for carriers, including handling carrier disputes & collection, reporting of carrier insurance and bond payments.
- Function as customer support for subscribers including handling subscriber disputes, subscriber order entry and process home delivery credit applications.
- Reconcile 3rd party delivery payments, including validation of carrier billing delivery charges and vendor invoices to payments received.
- Provide finance support for circulation revenue system testing and maintenance, including responsibility for entering subscriber and carrier route rates with appropriate management approval.
- Perform general local office functions as assigned.
- Work a full time schedule of 40 hours per week at a minimum, generally Monday – Friday. Some night and weekend work may be required.
Education: Associate degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent experience
Certification: Not required.
1 – 2 + years experience in:
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills.
- General financial office functions.
- Understanding of newspaper systems, interrelations and processes, is a plus.
- Ability to use computer and related application software.
- Proficient in use of Excel spreadsheets and word processing.
- Individual must have ability to learn and use proprietary software
Culture and Motivational Fit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Able to adapt to change easily and efficiently
- Strong organizational skills required
- Detail oriented
- High ethical standards
- The physical demands and working conditions are within normal expectations for this job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external contracts.
- Ability to work long hours as needed (i.e., monthly closings, budget, etc.)
Complexity: On minor issues, as defined by management, position is expected to identify and articulate complexities and offer viable options for management to consider.
On minor issues, position is expected to identify options, consult direct supervisor, gain consensus where possible and implement decisions independent of oversight. On major issues, options should be presented to Supervisor for consideration. Position involves judgment on balance between providing independent leadership and seeking direction.
Interested candidates please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org