|Title:||General Ledger Accountant|
|Location:||FL - Daytona Beach|
To provide accurate and timely accounting information regarding bank reconciliations, general ledger reconciliations, and financial reporting for GateHouse SE Division Group Units while maintaining and supporting internal and external audit requirements.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for:
- Perform bank reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform various GL reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform and enter journal entries as part of the period end close functions.
- Run various reports from subsystems to be utilized for month-end close and reconciliation completion
- Run and balance system and financial reports
- Analyze financial information by developing templates.
- Advise and work with Business Units concerning procedures, financial information and adjustments to GL.
- Identify reconciling items and prepare adjustment recommendations to Unit.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Implement new processes and look for process improvements as needed
- Ensure compliance with all GH policies
- All other duties as assigned
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills required
- Ability to work towards achieving team goals.
- Ability to participate constructively to various groups.
- Strong communications skills including written and verbal with strong articulation and listening ability.
Technical Skills: Technical Skills:
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction
- Ability to operate motor vehicle safely with valid Florida license and current insurance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Culture and Motivational Fit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Able to adapt to change easily and efficiently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Have a consistently high level attention to detail and sense of urgency
- High ethical standards
- Able to achieve goals and contribute to a group effort while working with minimum supervision
- Able to communicate in a professional manner with local personnel, other properties and corporate
- Able to balance the use of limited resources for maximum results
- Able to effectively avoid and/or resolve conflicts based on conflicting resource demands
- The physical demands and working conditions are within normal expectations for this job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external contracts.
- Ability to work long hours as needed (i.e., monthly closings, budget, etc.)
- Ability to travel
On minor issues, as defined by management, position is expected to identify and articulate complexities and offer viable options for management to consider.
On minor issues, position is expected to identify options, consult direct supervisor, gain consensus where possible and implement decisions independent of oversight. On major issues, options should be presented to Supervisor for consideration. Position involves judgment on balance between providing independent leadership and seeking direction.
Education: College degree in accounting required.
- driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Required motor vehicle insurance.
Interested candidate please send resumes to: email@example.com