POSITION PURPOSE: Drive regular and commercial vehicles to make deliveries or pickups as required. Maintain appropriate reports for commercial deliveries. Receive deliveries for Inserts and Newsprint. Tracks placement of Deliveries in Warehouse and provides documentation of deliveries to appropriate personnel. Operates Forklift and Clamp truck to place deliveries and to assist supervisors and press operators as needed to move pallets and other supplies. Maintains records of all receiving activity, and assists in the shipment of packages as needed. Receives and distributes incoming packages to appropriate personnel.
- Deliveries and pickup as needed to support newspaper and commercial printing.
- Operate forklift and clamp truck in a safe and productive manner.
- Cleanup of dock area and storage area as needed.
- Maintain receiving records for inserts and newsprint.
- Pre stage inserts for upcoming production runs.
- Assist supervisors in identifying insert problems or training opportunities.
- Job performance must always be aligned with the primary job responsibility of customer satisfaction - for both internal and external customers. Customers are defined as anyone that does or may come in contact with your department, our products or services. This effectively defines the customer as everyone.
- Active participation in teamwork in everyday work and/or on special project teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to operate forklift and clamp equipment.
- Record keeping and organizational skills.
- Ability to respond productively to changing goals. (ie: receive insert shipment in the middle of doing newsprint inventory without loss of productivity on inventory).
- Ability to work productively with other departments and associates as needed to accomplish daily goals.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, open ended shifts required to complete workload. .
- Effective communication skills. Written and verbal communication skills are essential to this role.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: Prefer 1 years experience driving commercial vehicle. Prefer minimum 6 months experience on forklift. Prefer some warehouse experience.
Certifications/Licenses: CDL Required
Interested candidates, please send resumes to: email@example.com