|Location:||MO - Rolla|
Are you ready to help us grow?
The Rolla Daily News, a GateHouse Media Publication located in Rolla, MO, is looking for an Advertising Director accountable for ensuring the success of our advertising department. In this role, you will collaborate with other leaders on strategic initiatives, own and exceeding your department’s goals and contribute to overall corporate ROI.
Your Day-to-Day Will Include:
- Developing, maintaining and communicating business and sales plan to executive leaders, using trend analysis and information gathered from team meetings to tweak and provide accurate forecasts
- Spending significant time with Multimedia Sales Executives (MMSEs) reviewing accounts and visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening account relationships; uses these opportunities to coach staff
- Using your creative thinking skill and feedback from sales staff or advertisers to recommend new packages and promotions
- Collaborating with other department leaders on local property or corporate-wide initiatives or special projects, offering support and/or identifying unique opportunities to drive ad revenue
- Establishing aggressive but realistic goals for staff; incorporates staff’s input in the goal-setting process
Candidate must also be able to:
- Drive staff to maintain a forward, robust pipeline and stay current on potential wins
- Hold staff accountable for revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics, creating a formal evaluation form (and criteria) for performance reviews
- Consistently meet/exceed all print and digital revenue targets
- Mentor employees, helping them grow and succeed
- Embrace new products or programs as the company continues to diversify and test new revenue streams
- Spend significant time visiting customers in the field
- Enforce and advocate the use of all GateHouse Media sales activity processes and procedures
- Become an expert on and demonstrating knowledge of GateHouse Media’s portfolio of products and services, specifically print and digital solutions
- Lead by example, showing up with a positive attitude and enhance our positive company culture
- Maintain the highest level of personal and professional behavior in the workplace and in the market
- Work, and thrive, in a busy, fast-paced work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience in media-related business
- 5+ years of successful ad department management
- Media or Advertising background a plus
Local Impact. National Scale. Meaningful Work Inspiring Change.
GateHouse Media is one of the largest publishers of locally-based print and online media in the United States, our 145 daily publications operate in 555+ markets across 37 states and our extensive portfolio of business solutions support 221,000 small-and medium-sized business customers in and outside of our markets. We are driven by our commitment to deliver high impact, trusted journalism and premier commercial products and services to our business customers, enriching the communities we serve.
Our 10,000 employees enjoy the opportunity to grow professionally while making a positive impact on their community. Learn more about the work we do at gatehousemedia.com.
GateHouse Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: