GateHouse Media is looking for a Business Process Coordinator to execute financial processing and entry of financial transactions in our business systems for all business units served. This position can operate out of our Middletown, NY, Jacksonville, FL or any of our other larger markets.
SCOPE AND PURPOSE:
As part of the Circulation Resource Center this position is responsible for executing financial processing and entry of financial transactions in our business systems for all business units served. Work collaboratively to ensure the process and outcomes are within the organization’s strategic goals. Support the mission and values of the company and represent it in a professional and ethical manner.
- Use creative thinking to assist management to transform current processes and system practices into fresh alternative solutions using current or new technologies
- Manages process changes in a support role to management
- Assist in the development of functional specifications for necessary changes to business system.
- Providing clerical assistance
- Daily entry of key data into the database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track, and resolve discrepancies
- Support all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations
- Update, verify and maintain accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records
- Assist in Fiscal Close eporting procedures
- Perform filing, shredding, record keeping and other general office tasks
- · High School Diploma Required
- · Proficient in using Microsoft Office
- · Positive interpersonal skills, team player mentality a must
- · Effective organizational, communication, and attention to detail skills required.
- · Ability to work independently on projects and assignments as needed.
- 1 - 3 years experience in clerical accounting
- Associate degree in business or accounting an advantage
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures