|Title:||Regional Planning Director|
|Location:||OK - Oklahoma City|
|Job Category:||Consumer Marketing|
Gatehouse Media is seeking an experienced Consumer Marketing executive responsible for planning, budgeting and forecasting to drive print and digital subscription revenue and volumes within an assigned region. The position will work with various GateHouse consumer marketing cross-functional teams to ensure the effective use of sales channels to achieve revenue, expense and volume goals and will monitor and track digital and print subscriber churn and develop innovative solutions to mitigate both.
- Execute strategic initiatives developed in collaboration with Executive Planning Director related to volume, audience and revenue growth related to digital and print subscriptions.
- In coordination with corporate consumer marketing cross-functional teams, initiate and manage all local sales initiatives including approved kiosk, crewing and OTM efforts.
- Coordinate with corporate consumer marketing cross-functional teams on strategies focused on customer retention and lifetime value including loyalty and membership programs.
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with local market leadership on consumer marketing performance and opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally with corporate consumer marketing cross-functional teams to meet budgeted regional growth goals.
- Work in collaboration with Executive Planning Director on consumer marketing budget and forecasts including developing initiatives to drive revenue and volume growth.
- Assist Executive Planning Director in production of regional reports and presentations.
- Work with corporate consumer marketing cross-functional teams to ensure plans are properly executed and all goals are achieved.
- Work with corporate consumer marketing cross-functional teams to create, track, and/or monitor customer journeys.
- Monitor various consumer marketing and delivery KPIs and work with various cross-functional teams to make any necessary improvements.
- Monitor content and schedule & coordinate publication of premium editions throughout the region working closely with design, newsrooms and call centers to ensure all stakeholders are informed.
- Assist the Operations team as necessary with execution of single copy retail price changes and other single copy marketing efforts.
- Consistently review and evaluate consumer marketing processes and procedures for best practices and ensure appropriate communication and execution within the region. Ensure timely execution of best practices communicated by corporate Consumer Marketing.
- Develop and submit plans for alternative revenue projects to Executive Planning Director.
- Support local consumer marketing, distribution and/or operations representatives where necessary to ensure local consumer marketing revenue and volume goals are achieved.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods and techniques of research and analysis
- Demonstrated abstract reasoning and problem-solving ability
- Solid foundation in gathering and interpreting data in a business setting
- Ability to liaison and work through cross-functional department and teams in remote settings
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and deadline driven
- Strong numerical aptitude
- Working knowledge of computer applications including MS Office and Google Enterprise Suite with proficiency using Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Tableau and Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum three years of experience in a circulation or consumer marketing department
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with circulation systems such as DTI/DSI/CircPro preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
- Must be able to travel infrequently within the region with potential overnight stays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.