|Title:||Assistant Digital Editor|
|Location:||OH - Columbus|
|Job Category:||News Room / Editorial|
The Dispatch Magazines group is seeking an Assistant Digital Editor to coordinate, manage and update content on four websites, including Columbus Alive, Columbus CEO, Columbus Monthly and Columbus Weddings. The person in this role will be responsible for updating websites in a timely and error-free manner, while helping to develop strategies to keep content fresh and dynamic. They will work cross-functionally with editorial, marketing, web developers, sales and vendors to engage our audience, grow traffic and expand our brand reach. Secondarily, the Assistant Digital Editor will have the opportunity to be an editorial contributor, participate in video and podcasting projects and help expand our social media efforts.
- Update and maintain web content via content management system
- Serve as the liaison between editorial and Gatehouse support (ZenDesk), working to troubleshoot or escalate issues; conduct QA testing and website audits
- Assist in training editorial staff on using the CMS, social media, web analytics, etc.
- Serve as the product owner for the department’s enewsletter marketing platform, which includes content curation, subscriber management and analysis
- Prepare web traffic, social media and enewsletter reports and analysis
- Serve as a resource for the department with the ability to share expertise in areas of SEO, social media, content management software, web analytics and email marketing and video
- 2+ years experience using content management systems
- A degree from a four-year college (e.g. B.A., B.S.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar and proofreading skills; quick learner
- Familiarity with AP Style is desired
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and follow-through
- Experience and interest in managing social media accounts
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CMS, Adobe Photoshop and MS Office. Experience using Google Analytics and email marketing software (e.g. Emma, MailChimp) is encouraged
- Experience and interest in video and podcasting production is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity; enthusiasm about journalism and what’s going on in Columbus
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply at dispatch.com/careers.