|Location:||NY - Middletown|
|Job Category:||News Room / Editorial|
The Times Herald-Record, an award-winning daily located in the beautiful, fast-growing Hudson Valley and Catskill regions of New York is looking for a metro editor who can motivate reporters as a strong mentor and to drive dependable beat coverage as well as breaking news and enterprise from start to finish.
This job requires a person with a passion to pursue watchdog community journalism, embrace the idea of alternative approaches that grab the attention of online readers, has strong print and digital news judgment, familiarity with social media tools and a sense of urgency.
The metro editor must be inspiring, innovative, collaborative, flexible and committed - to producing journalism that is both audience-centered and aligned with our mission of holding leaders accountable and making a difference in our communities.
- The ideal candidate will have beat reporter and editor experience with solid layout and design skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills are critical
- Hands-on experience in guiding and contributing to large-scale editorial projects
- Edit stories on deadline for clarity, accuracy, AP style and grammar within the writer's voice
- Develop a deep understanding of the region and it issues and use that knowledge to assign and direct stories
- Work with the Executive Editor in developing and implementing news and organizational strategy
Please submit a cover letter, resume, clips of your own writing as well as stories you’ve edited, to email@example.com