|Title:||Sales Support Supervisor|
|Location:||TX - Austin|
The Sales Support Supervisor position will oversee and manage the day to day activity of the Sales Support Coordinators. This position leads the team and provides leadership, process and systems training as needed, and acts as tactical liaison between Sales, Ad Production, Ad Operations and the Business Office. The position also serves as liaison between AE and external/internal customers providing sales support enabling the Account Executives to grow their client base while generating new and incremental revenue. The Sales Support Supervisor has authority and responsibility of a unit, section or major function and supervises personnel who have professional responsibility.
Supervisor responsibility for Sales Support team members:
- Supervise day to day needs of the team
- Able to coach and develop staff and influence in a positive manner
- Approves PTO requests and manages staffing levels for day to day operations
- Provides leadership, system and workflow training as necessary
- Coordinates and distributes work, monitors workloads and backlogs and makes necessary adjustments.
- Primary liaison between advertising management and sales support coordinators
- Ability to manage difficult situations and the stress associated with them
Supervision of the post-sale process and work with staff to ensure submitted information is accurate and deadlines are met:
- Review ad presentations, insertion orders and other documents for accuracy and correctness.
- Facilitate post-sale activities to ensure deadlines and business rules are met.
- Manage the art/copy process for in house designed ads; handle all proofing, changes and corrections.
- Work closely with CND Ad Production team to ensure ads are created correctly and in a timely manner.
- Work closely with sales management to ensure billing, credit and production issues are communicated and resolved quickly.
Supporting the business development working with SSC, AE and external clients:
- Monitor monthly special sections, publications and ad campaigns.
- Request, review and implement marketing research to aid in client development and growth.
- Propose suggestions and opportunities for increased revenue.
- Engage with customers to ensure optimum client retention.
- Assists Manager in monitoring and supervising daily operations, performance, communicating openly and frequently, include process improvement, demonstrating integrity, accountability, and leading by example.
Liaison between AE and external/internal customers:
- Serve as frontline support for customers to ensure maximum selling time for Account Executives.
- Attend client meetings and strategy sessions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 5 years of work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the media business
- Experience with Google suite, including advanced Sheets, Docs and Power Point
- Knowledge of systems including NCS, Sugar CRM, ATOL, DFP to name a few
- Strong customer service skills for internal and external customers
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and quality
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment while maintaining quick response to deadlines
- This professional role interfaces with all levels of the business both internal and external
- Working indoors constantly.
- Performing multiple tasks simultaneously, experiencing challenging conditions occasionally.
- Working with electronic equipment constantly.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
GateHouse Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: