|Location:||FL - Lakeland|
|Job Category:||General Management / Executive|
The word community is the definition of GateHouse Media as a brand and as an employer. From providing an unbiased perspective of news and information fueling residents with the information needed to make informed decisions about the happenings in their communities, to offering an extensive portfolio of business solutions to keep local businesses thriving and national brands connected, we have a clear mission – to enrich the communities we serve.
The right candidate will be a market maker, a change agent and a team builder for the Ledger Media Group, located in Lakeland, Florida. Using market intelligence data, media sector and market development knowledge of the local economy and community, this position sets the direction for an annual plan for the market. He/she will be responsible for setting market strategy, creating demand for and successfully positioning, building and driving audience development, digital and print solutions, live events and other value-added niche products to achieve consistent top line revenue targets. With a clear business plan with relevant audience focus, product portfolio mix, channel mix, in partnership with functional leadership, this position will lead the charge for action, innovation and adaptation. Key initiatives should be identified to maximize the market opportunity that leverages full range of New Media Investment Group assets. This leader will also provide innovative recommendations on emerging product and service opportunities.
- Develop and align property strategy while driving financial results
- Expert knowledge and understanding of all GateHouse Media sales and marketing assets, including all newspaper products, digital products and digital marketing services
- Position unique, value-added combination of GateHouse portfolio of local generated products and content to enable market success
- Create momentum and support across the market and the company by articulating vision, driving strategy and coordinating across functions to fulfill market opportunity
- Strong community focus and involvement to further our brands
- Demonstrate change leadership to push the organization and targeted growth-initiatives forward while building alignment with peers
- Monitor company property and facilities, reporting/addressing issues to provide a satisfactory and safe working environment for team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business preferred or equivalent work experience in media-related operation management
- 5+ years strong leadership experience as publisher or general manager
- Increasing experience in all areas of newspaper management; Finance/ P&L statements, Multimedia Advertising, Circulation and Distribution, Newsroom and journalistic practices, Newspaper Production and Operations
- Extremely detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Experience working in fast-paced, constantly evolving, team environment
- Created and led organization that embraces change and empowers innovation
- Proven record motivating and inspiring an organization built on continued success
Interested applicants, submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org