|Title:||Digital Sales Strategist|
|Location:||MA - Framingham|
The primary responsibility of the Digital Strategist is to increase digital advertising revenues by collaboratively engaging with Account Executives on field calls, client visits and overall revenue driving activities. This position directly affects and is responsible for achieving or exceeding digital revenue in market.
- Consistently meets/exceeds all digital revenue targets within assigned markets
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of all GateHouse Media sales and marketing assets, including all digital products, digital marketing services (ThriveHive) and all newspaper products.
- Model purposeful behavior with consistent high visibility in local sales offices
- Reviews market activities to develop new business by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the customer
- Drives customer retention through excellent customer service and in person visits
- Effectively communicates with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-)
- Maintains the highest levels of personal and professional behavior in the workplace and in the market
- Ensures that the team consistently meets and/or exceeds revenue goals.
- Invests significant time with MMSEs within channel visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening account relationships; uses these opportunities to coach staff
- Provides appropriate mix of direction and strategy. Collaborates with the staff on strategy, innovation, etc., to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients
- Drives consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors. Ensures that each MMSE consistently present products/services appropriate to client needs and constantly monitor the “health” of the relationship between the client and MMSE
- Reviews and critiques all presentations and campaign proposals and coaches MMSE on improving this process
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of competitive media landscape within channel; use for new business development and sales analysis
- Ability to coach and develop cold calling and other prospecting techniques including social media where applicable
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed through others
- Ability to close new business and lead a team to exceed sales targets
- Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results, and coaching others to do so
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations
- Strong networking and community involvement skills
- Eagerness to learn, continually seeking to improve sales skills and the skills of others
- Strong time management and follow up skills
- Organized with an attention for detail
- Computer and software experience with MS Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Solid negotiation skills.
- Highly self-motivated.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or equivalent work experience in media related business.
- Digital Media Sales experience, preferably in outside sales environment
- Prior experience in digital marketing sales highly desirable
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
- Walking, primarily on a level surface for varied periods throughout the day;
- Standing or sitting in office setting using computer and telephone equipment
- Reliable transportation to customer sites, group meetings and other channel related sales activities
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: