|Location:||GA - Augusta|
|Job Category:||Marketing / Advertising|
STATEMENT OF THE JOB: This position is responsible for private party classifieds, legal notices, obituaries, calendar items and other data as needed for publication online and in print with a primary focus on customer service. The position interacts in person, by email and by telephone with the public to accomplish the necessary work.
REQUIREMENTS OR SPECIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work well as a part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure of a goal and deadline.
- Knowledge of print and digital media advertising products.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Internet savvy.
- Ability to type a minimum of 35wpm error-free.
- Basic Computer skills (MS Office).
- Valid driver’s license and insurance records are required quarterly.
- Must abide by all company policies regarding ethics and social media
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
- Some college and advertising sales experience preferred.
- Digital Media advertising knowledge.
- Proven superior customer service and account management track record.
- Effective negotiation skills both in person and over the phone.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in an environment dominated with computers and under daily deadline pressure with a variety of duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Customer Service
- Provide prompt, courteous, and effective service to all customers and prospects and maintain a high level of contact and professional communication with all accounts. Deliver accurate rate quotes, respond immediately to customer inquiries and resolve any complaints promptly.
- Ad Sales
- Help customer place advertising offering advice on when to run the ad, how to write the ad, cost of the ad, etc. This includes private-party classified ads (received by phone and online) and legal notices, obituaries as well as celebrations announcements.
- Communicate with law firms, government agencies, funeral homes and the public.
- Keep accurate records for billing.
- Help maintain online calendar database to include entry of events received by phone, email or press release.
- Data entry as needed.
- Strive to be the best representative you can be for The Augusta Chronicle.
- Follow company’s policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively to internal and external customers.
Interested candidates, please send resume to: email@example.com