Sr. System Administrator
Job Objectives: The Senior System Administrator is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation and the recovery of highly critical computer systems. Researches and analyzes system requirements to develop system specifications according to corporate procedures and policies. Serves as technical expert in areas of system administration and recovery. They serve as members of the Information Technology Network Team by overseeing support for the corporate network, applications, processes, desktops and end-users.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop new system and application implementation plans
- Manage day-to-day operation of critical servers and applications
- Ensure high availability and high level of performance for critical systems
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining all servers which support the Active Directory structure as well as systems such as Microsoft IIS, Office SharePoint Server, Domain Controllers, Print Servers, DHCP, DNS, File Storage, and Server Virtualization.
- Monitoring all systems, services, and devices to ensure optimum uptime using the standard suite of monitoring tools (Solarwinds Monitoring, AlienVault)
- Ensure all servers are patched and secured using the standard suite of tools (Solarwinds Patch Manager, Symantec Antivirus)
To apply, submit resume to email@example.com
GateHouse Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.
- Minimum BS degree from four-year College or university, preferably with a Computer Science, Information Systems, or Mathematics major. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- Prefer 3 or more years with background in VMware ESX or vSphere.
- Develop and coordinate project schedules
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Monitoring all systems, services, and devices to ensure optimum uptime.
- Provide high-level support and technical expertise in network technologies.