|Location:||RI - Providence|
|Job Category:||News Room / Editorial|
Working with regional digital editor, lead engagement efforts across our digital platforms, as we seek to convert casual visitors to subscribers.
- Working with regional digital editor and marketing team, engage with readers on multiple platforms in a way focused on subscription growth.
- Work with marketing and news teams to promote GateHouse-sponsored events.
- Take the lead on audio projects, including new podcasts, both within the newsroom and with new outside partners.
- Work with all staff to implement social-media imperatives as well as general company initiatives.
- Interpret and respond creatively to traffic and engagement data.
- Set a good example on social media by engaging with readers and pointing to great content.
- Collaborate on new-product launches.
- Foster team mentality among digital producers, reporters and photographers.
- Address complaints and handle the public when interacting with the newspaper or web sites.
- Stay on top of developments in the area of social media, keeping all staff up-to-date on best practices and improved methods of using this vital tool to touch our audiences.
- Coordinate training and developmental programs for any/all social media with any/all staff.
- Assist the newsroom/departmental managers in developing protocols for social media use.
- Assist with daily content analysis of the web sites and producing / editing of stories.
- Drive the strategic content plan on all platforms.
- Represent the newsroom at community events as needed.
The essential duties may be changed as required by company needs and conditions and do not include all duties that may be associated with this position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to use digital and social media tools to create and promote content
- Strong knowledge of web and media production, and dissemination techniques and methods
- Outstanding communicator – both oral and written – with the collaborative skills to establish relationships at all levels and across all functions of the organization
- Previous experience in a breaking-news environment is a plus
- Be comfortable working at a fast pace
- Knowledge of company policies and ability to adhere to and enforce them as necessary.
- Maintain integrity and embrace ethical standards and company policies as outlined.
- Have an entrepreneurial outlook and thrive amid uncertainty and change
Minimum Position Qualifications:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or higher
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years’ experience working with digital content
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Typically the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some movement from area to area, transporting of items such as a laptop computer and reports; standing and walking; driving a motor vehicle.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: