|Location:||MA - Worcester|
|Job Category:||Consumer Marketing|
Job Title: Regional Data Analyst
Reports to: Executive Planning Director (EPD)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Gatehouse Media is seeking an experienced data analyst to support the regional Consumer Revenue team. This role is responsible for gathering, analyzing and reporting on consumer marketing data for all publications in the region. Work includes identifying trends and gaps in revenue, volume, and sales channel data and helping identify opportunities for improvement. Additionally, the role will maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reporting of subscriber revenue and develop revenue projections based on the expected impact of various plans, market conditions, and other known variables. This role will provide strategy and channel optimization analysis, subscriber modeling, and ad hoc reporting.
- Create, maintain and review weekly dashboards and consumer marketing KPIs including print and digital subscriber starts, stops and revenue activity. This includes gathering and populating individual site details where necessary.
- Assist in development of gap plans presented to SVP and VP of Planning. Track plans month-to-month, identify shortfalls, and assist in developing alternatives to correct.
- Compile and analyze data for the annual budgeting process throughout the course of the year. Assist in preparation of the consumer marketing budget deck for all publications.
- Build and populate flash models for or as provided by the Executive Planning Director.
- Track and report revenue, volume, and expenses by publication for defined time periods.
- Reconcile Mather projections to revenue budgets. Produce projections of the impact to revenue and volume budgets based on ongoing initiatives and market conditions and model the impact of proposed changes.
- Assemble the department’s periodic reports to management including the EPD, SVP, and VP Planning.
- Gather and analyze data on market conditions and report significant trends on a timely basis to EPD.
- Identify and regularly communicate best practices in consumer marketing.
- Respond by deadline to all corporate data requests.
- Provide preprint quantity estimates as requested or assigned.
- Prepare all required reports for all publications and produce weekly reports or summaries for EPD as requested.
- Produce periodic consumer marketing presentations and visualization of results.
- Continuously update offer models to provide insights to EPD to support channel optimization.
- Analyze and offer recommendations for subscriber pricing optimization.
- Perform sundry duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 2-4 years of experience in a quantitative role
- Background in Media or Management Consulting preferred
- Experience with a circulation system such as DTI, DSI or CircPro preferred
- Expert abilities with Excel and PowerPoint with strong skills in Tableau and MS Access
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to liaison with and work through cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently
- Keen sense of curiosity
Education & Experience:
- B.A. (preferably in business, finance, accounting or mathematics)
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
- Sitting for extended periods, working on computer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: