|Title:||Advertising Sales Assistant|
|Location:||NY - Middletown|
Use your marketing and advertising skills to support our Sales and Advertising Department, promoting our extensive portfolio of products and services to millions of prospects and our ever growing customer base of 220,000 small-and-medium-sized business across the county. Gain experience with premier, digital marketing tools, like Google Analytics and Facebook Business and working with in-house agencies in a collaborative, diverse work environment. When our business customers thrive, our communities do too - the work you do will have meaning. If you are naturally curious, seek out the latest B2B marketing trends and enjoy a busy, fast-paced work day, bring your strong work ethic and expertise to our team and prepare to grow with us.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Assist the outside sales staff with clerical tasks to alleviate non-sales workload form their days so they may focus on their sales goals
- Order ad schedules accurately and ensure accurate billing.
- Assist with ad layouts, proofs to customers and payment obtainment.
- Handle routine questions from accounts and provide regular information updates.
- Assist sales representatives and managers as needed with other clerical duties such as typing invoices or proposals.
- Provide assistance to walk in/phone in advertising clients and serve as a back-up to our front desk receptionist.
- Process contracts and maintain proper organization of the department's records and files.
- Maintain and grow an active account list of clients that can be served via email and phone.
- This position also serves as a communication point between the accounting dept, ad traffic /graphics team and sales team.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must have excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member to attain common and individual goals.
- Problem solving skills required.
- Must have current driver's license with appropriate proof of insurance and reliable transportation.
- Must have computer proficiency, sharp skills.
- Must be able to type at 45 WPM accurately.
- Must have excellent spelling skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in a deadline oriented environment.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
Meaningful Work Inspiring Change. We are #GateHouseMedia
GateHouse Media is one of the largest publishers of locally-based print and online media in the United States, our 156 daily publications operate in 615 markets across 39 states and our extensive portfolio of business solutions support 200,000 small-and medium-sized business customers in and outside of our markets. We are driven by our commitment to deliver high impact, trusted journalism and premier commercial products and services to our business customers, enriching the communities we serve.
Our 10,000+ employees enjoy the opportunity to grow professionally while making a positive impact on their community. Learn more about the work we do at gatehousemedia.com.