|Title:||SVP of Sales - Central|
|Location:||OH - Columbus|
GateHouse Media is seeking a proven sales leader and motivator of people for our Central division. The primary responsibility of the Senior Vice President of Sales is to lead a group of dynamic sales leaders to consistently achieve revenue goals and objectives, assist with accelerating our digital growth and continue to grow our advertiser base using our print, digital and data assets. The SVP will manage teams consisting of VPs, Sales Directors, Sales Managers, and field Outside Sales Representatives. This team will be focused on:
- Generating new revenue from net new clients
- Increasing revenue from existing client base.
- Growing digital revenue as a percentage of our overall revenue
- Measuring our Activity, Pipeline, Quota Performance across the regions and products managed by the SVP
- Responsible for driving sales achievement and surpassing sales, and business goals and objectives.
- Develop, monitor and manage key performance indicators (KPI) metrics aligned with business objectives to enhance success rate and assure alignment of activities. This should be managed in a centralized SugarCRM system
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective marketing and sales strategies and processes.
- Provide detailed product and competitive performance to the organization including specific recommendations for improvement
- Establish, maintain and enforce all sales expense budgets and provide reports to executive team.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, develop and recruit and retain required members of the sales organization.
- Lead the evaluation of new product and other market opportunities. Work closely with Vice President of Marketing and our Product teams to determine market and customer needs, probably long-term market acceptance and ROI of new products
- Conduct critical Talent Development activities to develop sales team and individuals including identification of top talent and proper management of poor performance.
- Advise executive management of quality and product issues, ensuring corrective actions are taken and customers are properly notified.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of all GateHouse Media sales and marketing assets, including all newspaper products, digital products and digital marketing services (ThriveHive) and able to transfer the knowledge to direct reports
- Follows GateHouse prescribed best practices on Pipeline Management and Gap Analysis, reviews all required sales process activities and provides direction and feedback to increase closing ratios
- Infuse a “can-do”, “must-win” attitude throughout the Sales organization
- Reviews market activities to develop new business by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the customer
- Effectively communicates with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-)
- Maintains the highest levels of personal and professional behavior in the workplace and in the market
Ensures that the team consistently meets and/or exceeds revenue goals. Always aware of performance to goal; measures sales executive performance by revenue to goal, quarterly and annually. Ensures that high levels of performance are always top of mind
- Spends significant time with Field VPs and Sales Managers with the purpose of coaching and improving performance
- Develop a strong sales plan with team and holds staff accountable for achieving their plans
- Provide appropriate mix of direction and strategy. Collaborates with their senior sales leaders on strategy, innovation, etc., to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients
- Drives consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors.
- Knowledge of competitive media landscape; use for new business development and sales analysis
- Demonstrated track record of exhibiting leadership behavior, creating a positive, motivating, and productive team environment
- Demonstrated high-growth sales and product success
- Demonstrated digital success
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed through others
- Strong networking and community involvement skills
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 15+ years progressive sales leadership experience, preferably in media industry
- Media and digital leadership experience, including setting goals and top priorities, and empowering team
- Prior experience in digital marketing sales required
RESUMES CAN BE SUBMITTED TO: email@example.com
GateHouse Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.