|Title:||Paid Search Channel Specialist|
|Location:||OH - Columbus|
|Job Category:||Consumer Marketing|
**This position is based in our Columbus, OH office**
GateHouse Media is seeking a Paid Search Channel Specialist - to help grow our print and digital audience through a focused effort on search engine marketing (SEM), specifically PPC. This role will be primarily responsible for the design, development and delivery of search engine marketing campaigns to aggressively drive subscriptions for all GateHouse Media properties. The Paid Search Channel Specialist must have deep knowledge of how to capture in-market audiences with compelling messaging through popular search engines as well as the ranking techniques used by each search engine.
This position will report to the Manager, Digital Subscription Marketing - Channel Sales.
- Collaborate with our in-house digital marketing solutions group to develop and implement a market leading search engine marketing strategy that significantly increase lead volumes and conversion across search, display and video
- Manage all aspects of Search Engine Marketing activity, including evergreen and promotional campaigns across Google and Yahoo
- Manage optimization of Search campaigns to improve Cost Per Click (CPC), Click Through Rate (CTR) and attributed voluntary starts including keyword research and selection, bid-management strategy and tactics and roll-out and management of campaign specific landing pages
- Research and experimentation through new SEM channels, methods and tactics
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience managing digital marketing campaigns, preferably within a high-growth B2C business
- A proven track record in delivering high-growth campaigns across multiple digital touch points, in particular programmatic display, social, and paid search
- Google Adwords certified or highly proficient in Google Analytics, understanding of HTML, website design and usability
- Paid click experience
- MUST be a highly organized self-starter with strong problem-solving skills and an "ANYTHING is possible" attitude!
- Willingness to travel domestically 10-20% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
- Sitting for extended periods, working on computer
- Working remotely and managing expectations for multiple markets across the USA from one physical market location
- Ability to be on phone calls / conference calls for extended periods of time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.