|Title:||Sr. Director of Financial Planning & Analysis|
|Location:||MA - Quincy|
Sr. Director, FP&A
Our company is looking for a Senior Corporate FP&A Director, reporting to the SVP, Finance to help support the GHS sales and marketing functions. Primary duties will be to manage financial planning, forecasting, reporting, quota setting process and analysis of the sales organization throughout the company.
- Develop and direct execution of the annual budget and monthly forecasting process for advertising revenue and sales expense
- Monitor and communicate ongoing progress toward achievement of key annual financial objectives
- Develop and improve upon financial planning processes ensuring transparency of planning assumptions and actual performance to the functional area(s).
- Identify trends driving variances to plan and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Lead long-range financial planning & modeling for all advertising sales revenue.
- Assist in quota-setting process
- Help to analyze KPI performance in a dashboard format identifying areas that are doing well and ones that aren’t with recommendations for improvement.
- Analyze current and historical data to create forecasts for future periods (e.g. new and total ARR by product/vertical/customer segment/price point, sales efficiency trends, average selling price, customer upsell, etc.).
- Analyze commissions plans to determine if they are driving the needs of the organization
- Run simulations on various “what-if” scenarios using insight and critical thinking to evaluate and recommend solutions
- Create detailed analytical modeling including summarizing large amounts of data to determine trends and projections.
- Support key decisions (e.g. new market opportunities, alternative pricing models – including trial and freemium, market segmentation and infrastructure investments) by producing financial models, analysis and business cases.
- Oversee performance and bonus management process by creating models to assess actual vs plan performance.
- Prepare presentations that include complex financial data to Board of Directors and management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance; Master’s preferred.
- Six to eight years FP&A experience, either supporting a business unit or in a Corporate FP&A organization.
- Previous experience working with a Sales organization.
- Strong understanding of budgets, forecasts, financial statements, and accounting principles.
- Ability to develop, update and question the output of financial models and consider options for improvement.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, experience and desire to partner with and work cross-functionally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Meticulous organization skills, demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes, operate independently, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines in a continually evolving environment.
Meaningful Work Inspiring Change. We are #GateHouseMedia
GateHouse Media is one of the largest publishers of locally-based print and online media in the United States, our 156 daily publications operate in 615 markets across 39 states and our extensive portfolio of business solutions support 200,000 small-and medium-sized business customers in and outside of our markets. We are driven by our commitment to deliver high impact, trusted journalism and premier commercial products and services to our business customers, enriching the communities we serve.
Our 10,000+ employees enjoy the opportunity to grow professionally while making a positive impact on their community. Learn more about the work we do at gatehousemedia.com.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: