|Location:||RI - Providence|
Summary: The Distribution Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of home delivery, single copy, transportation, alternate delivery, and bulk delivery service for the distribution department. The position is charged with insuring day-to-day operations are running efficiently and handling unexpected challenges with minimum disruption. This position is accountable for the expense & revenue distribution management, maintaining and improving service quality and ensuring all deadlines are met for all publications in the respective market. This position manages a high level of complex thinking related to distribution, resource management, workflows and efficiencies.
- Embrace and collaborate on new distribution and transportation initiatives.
- Effectively and regularly communicate department progress to regional and national distribution team
- Manage distribution revenue and expense budgets and other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- P&L Management
- Distribution operations and logistics knowledge
- Transportation rules and regulations
- Project & process Management
- Individual must have solid computer skills
- Should be thoroughly familiar with business-oriented software, i.e. Microsoft Office, Working proficiency with Excel
- Individual must have ability to learn and use proprietary software
Education & Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in areas of distribution and logistics management
- 3-5 years of distribution experience showing a history of progression in responsibilities
- Strong leadership skills, ability to assess and improve operational efficiencies
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
- Walking, primarily on a level surface for varied periods throughout the day;
- Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist;
- Lifting up to 25 pounds.