|Title:||Mail Room Supervisor|
|Location:||VA - Petersburg|
PURPOSE/REASON FOR THE POSITION: To meet the goals and objectives of the Assistant Manager and the Packaging manager. To make all deadlines with a quality on-time product.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
Maintain an environment that enhances the morale of staff. Ensure timely, efficient, and smooth flow of newspapers through the packaging center. Meet all deadlines and goals set by the manager. Display organizational skills in machine set up and staffing.
Prepare shift schedules (employees and production runs).
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Log daily shift reports and production records.Ensure that all safety devices are in working order and being used. (5% Perform other duties as requested by manager. Work closely with temporary agencies.
REQUIREMENTS OR SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- One year production experience; knowledge of newspaper inserters (GMA SLS 2000 preferred), stitcher/trimmers, labeling machines and associated equipment.
- Ability to operate equipment to ensure a smooth operation.
- Ability to listen and respond to the needs of others within the department and among departments. Ability to make decisions on the spot with accurate results.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with other employees.
- Ability to interpret and explain company rules and policies to packaging department employees. Ability to resolve problems as they occur.
- Ability to react to change productively.
- Valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle. Required motor vehicle insurance.
Please send resumes to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org