|Location:||KS - Salina|
|Job Category:||News Room / Editorial|
GENERAL ASSIGNMENT REPORTERThe Salina Journal is seeking a journalist who can thrive in providing coverage for community news to local government, as well as local features for our audience. Will also be required to fill in for intense breaking news situations. S/he must be able to communicate with our readers via social media while reporting, writing, shooting and posting to web.
• Communicate information via social media
• Report accurately while covering entertainment, breaking news and general assignments
• Write quickly under deadline pressure
• Shoot strong photos and video
• Must be available some evenings and occasional weekends.
• Working toward bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• Some experience at a college newspaper or similar publication
• Strong writing and reporting skills
This is a full-time position. The Salina Journal offers a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package plus generous paid time off.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter and clips to State Editor Tomari Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions: 785-295-1212
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: