|Location:||OH - Columbus|
|Job Category:||Consumer Marketing|
GateHouse Media is seeking a creative Designer (Digital) with experience in both print and electronic media. The Designer (Digital) needs to be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs. The successful candidate should have an intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work, especially in the news/media industry. The Designer (Digital) will be able to hit the ground running and assist the Corporate Consumer Marketing group on all aspects of design projects to acquire, retain and engage with our subscribers.
This position will report to the Creative Director.
- Responsible for the conceptualization, design, and execution of B2C acquisition and marketing campaigns
- Create visually appealing and compelling collateral including: digital display, print, digital ad units, social media, direct mail, POS signage, HTML email, etc.
- Code using HTML/CSS in Adobe Dreamweaver for the creation of HTML emails and other digital pieces
- Creating digital design pieces for responsive design (desktop, tablet, mobile)
- Video editing/creation/filming (preferred knowledge) for advertising and social media usage
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously- from concept to execution
- Ensure all projects are created and delivered to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Use project management tools to keep track of all project requests and communicate with stakeholders on project status on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic/Fine Art Design, Marketing, Digital Design or related discipline
- Extensive experience in the full Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Premiere, AfterEffects, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS including responsive design
- Salesforce (preferred, but not required)
- Adaptive design eye and skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and stakeholders