Essential Job Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for:
- Manage local accounting team resources and functions.
- Work Closely with Financial Resources Center (FRC) support staff to ensure timely and accurate financial transaction processing.
- Provide input to the month-end close process, including variance analysis.
- Supervise close functions of journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, expense allocations and financial analysis providing review and approval.
- Prepare or audit general ledger account reconciliations.
- Coordinate and prepare the annual budget and monthly forecasts and variance explanations
- Participate in driving local strategies, developing sound business plans and tracking progress to meeting goals.
- Review and approve revenue rate program profitability.
- Assist with annual audit and SOX compliance testing.
- Prepares capital expenditure forecasts and Capital Expenditure Request forms, review and analyze ROI projections.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP policies and internal process controls; assist in preparing and providing external and internal audit deliverables
- Provide miscellaneous analysis and ad hoc reporting as needed through the collection and analysis of account information and trends
- Additional duties may be assigned dependent upon organizational and Finance team needs
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
- Act as back up for areas pertaining to payroll including timecard processing and reporting
- Acts as backup for accounts payable including validation and issue resolution