|Title:||Digital Audio Specialist_Digital Multimedia Sports Reporter|
|Location:||TX - Austin|
|Job Category:||News Room / Editorial|
GateHouse Media, LLC
Digital Multimedia Sports Reporter
The Digital Multimedia Sports Reporter candidate will be responsible for the amplification, creation and distribution of complementary content around college sports, specifically Division 1 football, including aggregation and curation of content for various GateHouse Media properties.
The candidate will also be responsible for using CMS tools to distribute audio throughout GateHouse Media's distribution channels, specifically the website CMS. Candidate will primarily work on distributing audio in the form of Division 1 college football podcasts but will distribute other audio as needed. Candidate will also be responsible for creating engaging social media posts to distribute audio and written content through GateHouse Media’s news websites.
This position requires strong news judgment, basic editing and writing skills and close attention to detail. This person will also need to possess an understanding of content promotion and a deep knowledge of Division 1 college football. Job will require training and understanding of podcast audio/On-Demand Audio platform. The candidate must possess basic public relations and promotional skills as well.
Hours will vary, but will include weekend late nights.
- Adding related audio content to story-level pages (30%)
- Posting content to social media platforms and engaging with readers (30%)
- Aggregating, curating written content (30%)
- Crafting engaging teases for content (10%)
- At least one year of experience in digital content creation/production
- Working knowledge of digital media performance analytics such as Google Analytics, Facebook and Instagram Insights, Chartbeat/Parse.ly, SEO and user habits in search engines
- Usability and user testing of digital products a plus
- Experience posting information online, on social, via apps and in email -- maintaining a website a plus
- Proficient computer skills with Intermediate Google Sheets, Slides, Docs and custom dashboards ability; digital chat tools such as Slack, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Knowledge of AP style
- Understanding of libel law and what constitutes plagiarism
- Ability to lead through influence rather than solely through authority
- Ability to organize, analyze, interpret and disseminate information
- Must be goal oriented and demonstrate project management skills
- Well-organized, analytical, creative with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- A disciplined self-starter
- High energy and collaborative
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Interest in audience engagement and how to represent a brand in digital space beyond the profile image
- Must maintain the journalistic and professional standards of the company whenever in the office, in public or on social media
Location: Austin, Texas
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: