|Location:||RI - Providence|
Job Title: Electrical Technician - 6084
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of electrical components, controls and systems which
support Production and the Company, and to work on projects which improve product quality,
runnability, reliability, safety, and reduce costs.
* Experience in electronic troubleshooting and diagnostics.
* Electronic technical schooling or equivalent electronic technical experience.
* Able to work required shift (primarily nights).
* Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and positive attitude.
* Support The Providence Journal-Bulletin’s philosophy and policies.
* Support the needs of the Electrical Department, production and The Providence Journal.
* Working knowledge of electronics, drives, digital systems, equipment operation, printing operation and safety.
* Knowledge of PC operation and networking.
* Knowledge of preparing and reading electrical drawings, PLC logic and documents.
* Knowledge of trouble-shooting, preventative maintenance, inventory, and production and quality programs.
* Able to work on various types of equipment and systems, and in a production environment.
* Able to handle diverse responsibilities.
* Ability to continuously improve the efficiencies and effectiveness of the Electrical Department.
* Ability for problem-solving, and handling and sorting information effectively.
* Able to work and communicate with Journal and non-Journal personnel in a professional and effective manner.
* Able to identify and implement necessary changes.
* Able to maintain a calm composure during adversity.
Work Habits/ Behaviors:
* Work well in team and production environment.
* Demonstrate a professional and dependable work ethic.
* Support cross-training and working towards departmental and Company goals.
* Perform tasks and assignments in a timely fashion.
* Be self-motivated and accountable for your actions.
* Strive for improved efficiencies, quality, technical knowledge and continual progress.
Key Criteria for Success:
* Ability to keep up with and implement new technology to improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
* Ability to observe the Company’s policies.
* Ability to implement the Electrical Department functions to meet the needs of production and the Company.
* Ability to be pro-active to production needs and departmental needs.