|Title:||Director, Information Technology|
|Location:||TX - Austin|
|Job Category:||IT / Engineering|
The Director, Information Technology is a key role for GateHouse Media. The person in this position is responsible for providing support to multiple properties within a defined region by interfacing with the Regional publishers, and the Corporate and local IT staffs, as well as assimilating future acquisitions within that geographic footprint.
Under general direction of the VP, Information Technology, this position plans, organizes, directs and supports the IT activities for a specified geographic region to ensure that processes and operations are consistent and resources are leveraged as appropriate. The position also works closely with the corporate IT Shared Services team to coordinate application support and integration into other standard infrastructure and systems.
The Director, IT has direct or indirect responsibility for staff members supporting field resources in the local properties and acts as a liaison for corporate infrastructure and application team members working in that region.
A key role for this individual will be the successful planning and project execution for transition from local support strategies in the application and infrastructure areas to standard Gatehouse strategies, and for ensuring that security strategies are being communicated and enforced. Reduction of one-off and local software solutions by development of plans over an established period of time working with the business owners will be critical.
This individual will have responsibility for leading projects within and external to his/her organization working with key business users and vendors, as appropriate. Support of local systems varies based upon locally implemented solutions and the complexity of local production and distribution.
Responsibilities & Duties:
End-User, Infrastructure & Application Support
- Oversees system information technology assets located at local properties, working within the parameters of the corporate infrastructure team. Has overall responsibility for the systems in these local data centers to insure availability and support. Works with local resources to rollout and support corporate strategies with a view towards increased centralization for cost reduction and security purposes.
- Set priorities and manage support for requests from customers, working with Publishers and VP Local IT.
- Manages on site support, providing first line of support for local issues using the defined support tools and standards
- Evaluates, selects and liaises with external contractors to provide support in areas with no onsite support
- Responsible for reviewing technology vendor solutions used locally and vetting solutions
- Provide reports to management teams of issues/conformance to SLA’s and recurring issues
Project Execution & Management
- Creates and executes project work plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resource needs and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of local technology solutions
- Selects, trains and motivates staff, working with Business units in the region and Corporate IT
- Provides leadership and direction to direct and indirect staff
- Provides for staff professional development and work with employees to correct deficiencies.
- Assists with the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Develops implements and manages service level agreements (SLAs), which involve collaboration with other IT directors and key customer groups.
- Requires a minimum of ten or more years professional experience in the media industry
- At least 5 years experience at a senior management level
- Deep understanding of core newspaper business systems across advertising, circulation and finance
- Specific knowledge and experience with digital advertising platforms
- Exceptional communication skills—both oral and written—with an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization
- Strong track record of managing multiple priorities and competing demands
- Strong desktop computer skills and technology background
- Undergraduate degree is required in a technical discipline. MS or MBA is a plus