|Title:||Director of Sales, Key Verticals|
|Location:||IL - Downers Grove|
Director Sales, Key Verticals (location flexible among top GHM markets)
Candidates will have demonstrated experience acquiring new business in one or more of the following verticals; Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, Goods & Services or Travel & Tourism.
The primary responsibility of the Director Sales, Key Verticals is to manage a group of regional sellers focused on driving omnichannel solutions. Revenue development will be across existing and new advertisers. New business prospecting, KPI’s and accountability at all levels across the organization.
- Develops strategy that aligns with the company vision and revenue growth goals
- Consistently meets/exceeds all print and digital revenue targets
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of all GateHouse Media sales and marketing assets, including all newspaper products, digital products and digital marketing services (ThriveHive) and able to transfer the knowledge to direct reports
- Follows GateHouse prescribed best practices on Pipeline Management and Gap Analysis, reviews all required sales process activities and provides direction and feedback to increase closing ratios
- Reviews market activities to develop new business by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the customer
- Drives customer retention through excellent customer service and in person visits
- Effectively communicates with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-)
- Maintains the highest levels of personal and professional behavior in the workplace and in the organization.
- Ensures that the team consistently meets and/or exceeds revenue goals. Always aware of performance to goal; measures sales executive performance by revenue to goal, quarterly and annually. Ensures that high levels of performance are always top of mind
- Holds staff accountable to revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics. Creates effective formal activity metrics for staff
- Manages staff to consistently maintain a forward, robust pipeline. Stays current on potential wins
- Understands methodology for goal setting and applies that methodology accordingly. Has an in-depth knowledge of MMSE accounts, prospects and each prospect's potential. Establishes aggressive but realistic goals for staff; incorporates staff’s input in the goal setting process
GateHouse Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.