|Title:||Digital Sales Engineer|
|Location:||NY - Middletown|
A Sales Engineer manages all phases of the pre and post-sale campaign process, including creating proposals and media plans, facilitating campaign launches and optimization for performance, retention and upsell. Responsibilities will include managing the day-to-day partner relationships and sales processes to guarantee the Sales teams hit their revenue goals. The ideal candidate will be driven to succeed, self-directed and adept at using critical thinking skills to solve challenges. Team members will be an integral part of a highly motivated Ad Sales team at GateHouse Media where customer satisfaction is key.
• Collaborate with Sales Executives to understand client goals and objectives in order to deliver needs based solutions that satisfy customers while maximizing revenue for GateHouse Media.
• Assist and be accessible to Sales Executives for pre-sale and industry research, including both brainstorming and gathering data from multiple resources and systems.
• Be accountable for campaign results and providing strategic and tactical guidance to achieve client's marketing objectives.
• Combine data analytics and client feedback to configure, operate, and optimize campaigns to meet client objectives and expectations.
• Work with all internal departments (ThriveHive, Ad Ops, Marketing, Management, Site Team, etc.) on the development and implementation of client campaigns as necessary.
• Work closely with the Director of Sales Engineers to tactically drive company-wide goals and improve operational sales process.
• Ensure all campaigns go live on schedule by collecting assets and liaising with Ad Ops while addressing any complications or concerns.
• Lead the monitoring and reporting of campaign performance and proactively communicate any issues to the internal team and client, when necessary.
• Communicate campaign highlights and/or red flags to Sales Executives to enable resolution with client.
• Deliver campaign recaps to Sales Executives that summarize performance.
• Coordinate with Sales Executives on development of upsell and renewal strategies based on client/program insights.
Required Education & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree preferred; or equivalent work experience in media related business.
• Prior experience in digital marketing sales
•3-5 years Digital Media Industry experience with ability to analyze campaign data and articulate recommendations and opportunity to both clients and Sales Executives
• Working knowledge of online ad serving technologies (Google DFP) including running campaign delivery
&inventory reports• Strong working knowledge of digital media performance analytics e.g., Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook
• Proficient computer skills with Intermediate Excel, PowerPoint, Word and custom dashboards ability
• Demonstrates project management skills
• Well-organized, analytical, creative with meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• A strong ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment
• High energy, team mentality is a must
• Must be revenue and goal oriented
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Meaningful Work Inspiring Change. We are #GateHouseMedia
GateHouse Media is one of the largest publishers of locally-based print and online media in the United States, our 156 daily publications operate in 615 markets across 39 states and our extensive portfolio of business solutions support 200,000 small-and medium-sized business customers in and outside of our markets. We are driven by our commitment to deliver high impact, trusted journalism and premier commercial products and services to our business customers, enriching the communities we serve.
Our 10,000+ employees enjoy the opportunity to grow professionally while making a positive impact on their community. Learn more about the work we do at gatehousemedia.com.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: