|Location:||NJ - Somerset|
BridgeTower Media is a leading publisher of niche newspapers with properties across the country. We provide legal and business professionals with news and analysis specific to their practices and their markets. We are looking for a business manager in our Somerset, NJ office. The business manager is responsible for local accounting-related activities for multiple properties to include budgets, forecasts, payables, receivables and collections. Reporting to a local publisher, the business manager works with corporate accountants to ensure that they have all of the information necessary to prepare accurate financial statements.
Primary duties include:
- Preparing and monitoring budgets for multiple locations
- Gathering information for weekly forecasts
- Providing accruals for month/period end closings
- Participating in the financial review at the close of each period
- Verifying and coding invoices
- Collecting on past-due accounts
- Preparing reports
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and three to five years of experience as a business manager, accountant or related position. Strong knowledge of excel, SAP, Lawson or similar accounting systems is required along with good communication skills.
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.