|Location:||MN - Minneapolis|
|Job Category:||IT / Engineering|
BridgeTower Media is a leading publisher of niche newspapers with properties across the country. We provide legal and business professionals with news and analysis specific to their practices and their markets. Our daily and weekly papers are digital first and dedicated to our audiences. Our corporate office is located in downtown Minneapolis. BridgeTower Media is a subsidiary of New Media Investment Group, Inc., the nation’s largest publisher of community newspapers.
We have immediate opening for a Systems Administrator to provide network and technical support and quality customer service in a deadline focused production workflow. This position requires exceptional organizational, team building, relationship and project management skills.
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for implementing and supporting the onsite and data-center infrastructure along with several remote sites. This includes higher level user support issues, troubleshooting networking/hardware/software, and working alongside corporate systems and staff in a 24x7x365 environment. This person must be comfortable with their ability to rapidly assess, analyze and resolve complex issues. The position reports to the IT Manager.
*Take a leading role in networking implementations and troubleshooting
* Customer service driven IT support
* Required to be on-call with company provided smartphone
* After hours remote-access troubleshooting and support with company provided laptop
* Maintenance of publishing specific vendor-supported applications with the ability to learn and support these applications
* WAN administration in a Windows, Linux and Macintosh desktop/server environment
* Multi-Platform hardware and software install, troubleshooting and repair
* Document processes for reference and business continuity
* Maintain inventory of network equipment, computers and software
* Manage system backups, updates and regular maintenance
* Keeps IT Manager informed on a regular basis and on critical issues
* Work with a ticket based help desk system. Monitor and track tickets to insure timely customer service response
* Ensures that all regulatory requirements for SOX and PCI compliance are met in a timely and efficient manner
Required/Preferred Skills and Requirements:
* Technology discipline degree and/or 5+ years of experience with networking focus preferred.
* Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
* Process oriented with commitment to continuous improvement
* Ability to exercise appropriate judgment when assessing the needs of the users
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and deliver under pressure
* Excellent troubleshooting capabilities for networking, hardware and software
* Experience working with complex IT systems in a deadline sensitive environment
* Ability to work with remote users via phone or remote access
We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits program.
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.