|Location:||OK - Oklahoma City|
|Job Category:||Marketing / Advertising|
The Journal Record, an award-winning daily general business, legislative and legal news source in Oklahoma City, has an opening for an experienced, strategic, innovative, and results-oriented events manager in our Oklahoma City office. This opportunity is for a candidate who has a strong understanding of sponsorship execution, budget management, and the handling of vendors. This position will be responsible for working with others in the operation to drive nominations, move through the selection process of honorees and assist with sales.
- Identify event opportunities
- Strategize and plan events, including new events and the improvement of existing events
- Increase attendance to events by using various marketing strategies
- Coordinate with the publisher, ad director and other leaders of The Journal Record
- Budget and forecast event income, expenses and attendance
- Negotiate contracts and all barter agreements
Successful candidates will have:
- 1-5 years of event planning experience
- Experience with WordPress
- Strong customer service skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Valid driver’s license
The Journal Record offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.