|Location:||MN - Minneapolis|
BridgeTower Media is a leading publisher of niche newspapers with properties across the country. We provide legal and business professionals with news and analysis specific to their practices and their markets. We are looking for a business manager in our Minneapolis, MN office. This role is responsible for local finance and accounting related activities for multiple properties, including budgets, forecasts, vendor’s relationships, billings and collections. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of FP&A and supporting the group publishers based in New Jersey and Oregon as well as additional publishers across the country, the business manager works with corporate accountants to ensure that they have all of the information necessary to prepare accurate financial statements.
Primary duties include:
- Coordinate all aspects of the weekly forecasts, monthly operational reviews, and annual budgets for the businesses under scope
- Prepare and distribute monthly business P&L and/or departmental expense reports. Provide management with analysis and explanations of key variances
- Provide expertise to leadership as well as assist with long term planning
- Work closely with the Corporate Finance and Accounting teams to ensure accuracy of financial information and understanding of underlying drivers
- Preparation of financial, management, and operational reports
- Ad-hoc projects
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and three years of experience as a business manager, financial analyst, accountant, or related position. Strong knowledge of excel, SAP, Lawson or similar accounting systems is required along with excellent communication skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package along with a generous benefits program.
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: