|Location:||OR - Portland|
|Job Category:||News Room / Editorial|
The Daily Journal of Commerce, a Portland-based business-to-business news and information resource for the building industry in Oregon and Southwest Washington, has an opening for a business reporter covering architecture, engineering and construction.
We’re a small, fast-paced newsroom, and we’re looking for a journalist with a competitive streak who’s eager to provide quality print stories while also helping move the DJC to the next level of digital coverage for our subscribers.
- is interested in helping our readers understand the worlds of architecture, engineering, construction, real estate and development in Oregon and Southwest Washington (with an emphasis on the Portland-metro area);
- has the depth and versatility to handle breaking news, tightly written (but entertaining) features and profiles, and long-form stories that provide readers with an understanding of the industry’s issues and challenges;
- has a proven ability to connect the dots to find the bigger picture;
- is able to adapt writing style for print, online and social media platforms;
- understands the written word isn’t the only way to tell a story (and has the video samples to prove it);
- has experience using social media as a reporting tool.
To apply: Submit a resume and five published clips (provide direct links). Video stories may be substituted for up to two written clips.