|Location:||MO - St. Louis|
|Job Category:||News Room / Editorial|
BridgeTower Media is seeking a full-time designer for the Creative Services department headquartered in St. Louis.
BridgeTower Media is one of the country’s leading business-to-business media companies, covering legal, financial, real estate and government affairs sectors with 44 print and digital publications in more than 20 different U.S. markets. Creative Services is the design hub responsible for nearly all creative work produced by BridgeTower Media properties. We provide various design and production services to editorial, marketing, sales, circulation, and event teams. Additionally, we provide custom publishing services for our properties’ clients and partners.
The right candidate will be adept at fast-paced deadline work and creative solutions, detail-oriented and a team player. Good written and verbal communication skills are also important. Experience with Adobe InDesign is required; Photoshop and Illustrator skills are a plus. Professional design experience is preferred, although entry-level candidates with college newspaper or applicable internship experience will be considered.
- Design pages for daily or weekly newspapers and supplements.
- Maintain consistency in branding and style for our customers.
- Participate in production meetings for larger projects.
- Execute unique outputs and preflight checklists for various printers.
- Communicate with internal and external teams to ensure production schedules run smoothly.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Prioritize tasks, switch gears and stay ahead of deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a creative team atmosphere.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- 1-3 years of relevant design experience.
- Journalism or Graphic Design degrees preferred but not required.
This position follows a typical Monday through Friday work schedule, hours may vary depending on production needs.
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.