|Title:||Publication Design Supervisor|
|Location:||MO - St. Louis|
|Job Category:||News Room / Editorial|
BridgeTower Media is seeking a full-time design supervisor for the Special Publications team in the Creative Services department headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.
BridgeTower is one of the country’s leading business-to-business media companies, covering legal, financial, real estate and government affairs sectors with 44 print and digital publications in more than 20 different U.S. markets. Creative Services is the design hub responsible for nearly all creative work produced by BridgeTower properties. We provide various design and production services to editorial, marketing, sales, circulation, and event teams. Additional, we provide custom publishing services for our properties’ clients and partners.
The right candidate will be adept at fast-paced deadline work and creative solutions, detail-oriented and a team player. Good written and verbal communication skills are also important. Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Reader, and Illustrator is required. This position will report directly to the Creative Services Manager.
- Supervise a team of designers in a multi-market production hub.
- Collaborate with designers and provide art direction where needed.
- Communicate with internal and external teams to ensure production schedules run smoothly.
- Effectively manage and prioritize numerous projects with various deadlines.
- Delegate and assign tasks as appropriate.
- Coordinate staffing levels and workloads to meet production needs.
- Ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Encourage adherence to protocols and procedures.
- Track performance metrics and feedback received from customers
- Assist with recruitment and hiring new designers.
- Train and assist with the orientation of new team members.
- Log and report tasks as completed.
- Exceptional customer service
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effectively manage people, as well as process
- Work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a creative team atmosphere.
- 2 or more years experience supervising the work of others.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience with print design and publishing.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
This position follows a typical Monday through Friday work schedule, although hours may vary depending on production schedules. BridgeTower Media offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package.
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.