|Location:||MO - St. Louis|
|Job Category:||News Room / Editorial|
Missouri Lawyers Media covers legal news, court opinions, verdicts and settlements, foreclosures, and public notices in Missouri. Products include molawyersmedia.com, 4 small daily and 1 weekly papers that carry public notices, and our flagship newspaper Missouri Lawyers Weekly devoted to the coverage of the legal community in Missouri. A winner of state and national awards, we're committed to the highest standards of journalism ethics and excellence.
Missouri Lawyers Media seeks an editor to develop and manage content for our wide array of digital and print news and information services for Missouri attorneys.
managing the content and navigability of our websites, molawyersmedia.com and mlmcounties.com;
assembling daily and breaking news alerts;
continually working on features and innovations to serve readers and build paid audience;
leading the preparation of our daily newspapers, weeklies and special publications
serve as the company's top editorial representative at each of our events throughout the year including Missouri Lawyers Awards, Women's Justice Awards, Up & Coming, etc. Public speaking at each required.
The position requires:
- strong journalism skills, particularly news judgment, copyediting and accuracy on deadline;
- presentation skills, using words, graphics and multimedia to convey information and engage users;
- strong audience development instincts;
- the ability to work collaboratively;
- can-do, hands-on ability to complete projects;
- strategic thinking;
- effective management of people and process
- the ability to manage multiple assignments and prioritize workload;
- strong organizational skills;
- some technical skills, particularly proficiency with WordPress and HTML.
Missouri Lawyers Media is part of BridgeTower Media, provider of law and business news and information in markets across the country. We offer competitive pay, great benefits and a great team atmosphere.
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: