|Location:||SC - Columbia|
|Job Category:||News Room / Editorial|
The Columbia Regional Business Report, a business-to-business news and information resource for small and midsized businesses in the Midlands of South Carolina, has an opening for a business reporter to cover a variety of beats related to economic development and industry.
We’re a small, fast-paced newsroom, looking for a journalist with a competitive streak who’s eager to provide quality print stories while also helping move the Business Report and our statewide affiliated publications to the next level of coverage for our print and digital subscribers.
- Is interested in helping readers understand the context of business-to-business news.
- Has the depth and versatility to handle breaking news; tightly written, entertaining features; and long-form, exploratory stories that provide readers with an understanding of the trends and pressures impacting their companies.
- Has a proven ability to connect the dots to find the bigger picture.
- Is able to adapt writing style for print, online and social media platforms.
- Can think visually to tell stories, using data, graphics, video and still photography.
- Has experience using social media as a reporting tool.
To apply: Please submit a resume and five published clips (provide direct links).
The Columbia Regional Business Report offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.