|Title:||Manager, Digital Channel Sales|
|Location:||OH - Columbus|
|Job Category:||Consumer Marketing|
GateHouse Media is seeking a Manager of Digital Subscription Marketing - Channel Sales to help grow our print and digital audience through a variety of digital platforms and traffic channels. This role will be primarily responsible for the design, development and delivery of personalized customer journeys that connect with prospective customers at the right time and place – through search engine marketing, email marketing, social media and other digital marketing channels - to drive optimum engagement and maximize subscription conversion.
This position will report to the VP, Acquisitions and will manage a staff of 2-3 digital channel marketing specialists.
- Set-up, management and optimization of campaigns across social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc.) and performance marketing channels (e.g. paid search, display and video)
- Working with the Design studio, Marketing Operations team and newsrooms across GateHouse markets to brief and produce digital ads that are optimized for each channel the campaign will appear on
- Specific channel expertise is required across the following digital marketing channels:
- Collaborate with our inhouse digital marketing solutions group to develop and implement a market leading search engine marketing strategy that significantly increase lead volumes and conversion across search, display and video
- Manage all aspects of Search Engine Marketing activity, including evergreen and promotional campaigns across Google and Yahoo
- Manage optimization of Search campaigns to improve Cost Per Click (CPC), Click Through Rate (CTR) and attributed voluntary starts including keyword research and selection, bid-management strategy and tactics and roll-out and management of campaign specific landing pages
- Research and experimentation through new SEM channels, methods and tactics
- Collaborate with the Marketing Operations group and business intelligence teams to develop a comprehensive email marketing acquisition strategy
- Create and manage an email marketing curriculum to deliver user experiences that significantly improve the quality and volume of our print & digital subscriptions
- Work with the VP, Acquisition to develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy which brings together paid advertising, community building and content amplification to enhance GHM share of voice within our target audiences and increase direct and attributed conversion
- Create and manage a social media marketing calendar with at least 3 months lead time and collaborate with the newsroom and the design group to produce and upload engaging content
- Identify opportunities for organic posts based on current events or trends and amplify audience reach and conversion with paid media.
- At least 5+ years hands-on experience managing digital marketing campaigns, preferably within a start-up or high-growth B2C business
- A proven track record in delivering high-growth campaigns across multiple digital touch points, in particular, social media and Google Adwords
- Experience managing and implementing CRM campaigns, with direct experience in Salesforce highly regarded
- Highly organized self-starter with strong problem solving skills and an anything is possible attitude
- Willingness to travel domestically 10-20% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: