|Title:||Regional Consumer Marketing Manager|
|Location:||OH - Columbus|
|Job Category:||Consumer Marketing|
Gatehouse Media is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to drive print and digital subscription volumes. The position will work with various GateHouse consumer marketing cross-functional teams to ensure the effective use of sales channels to achieve revenue, expense and volume goals. It will monitor and track digital and print subscriber churn and develop innovative solutions to mitigate both.
- Execute strategic initiatives developed in collaboration with Executive Planning Director related to volume, audience and revenue growth related to digital and print subscriptions.
- In coordination with corporate Acquisition and Retention teams, manage all local sales initiatives including approved kiosk, crewing and OTM efforts.
- Coordinate with Customer Experience & Retention team on strategies focused on customer retention and lifetime value including loyalty and membership programs.
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with local market leadership on consumer marketing performance and opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing Innovation, Acquisition and Customer Experience & Retention to meet budgeted regional growth goals.
- Work in collaboration with Executive Planning Director on consumer marketing budget and forecasts including developing initiatives to drive revenue and volume growth.
- Assist Executive Planning Director in production of regional reports and presentations.
- Work with Consumer Marketing and Operations cross-functional teams to ensure plans are properly executed and all goals are achieved.
- Monitor retention statistics and work with Consumer Marketing Customer Experience & Retention and Consumer Marketing Customer Care teams in order to achieve goals.
- Work with Consumer Marketing Engagement team to create, track, and/or monitor customer journeys.
- Review and approve all written communication to prospects including but not limited to emails, direct mail and kiosk order forms. Establish pricing and offers consistent with established revenue and volume goals.
- Monitor various consumer marketing and delivery KPIs and work with various cross-functional teams to make any necessary improvements.
- Monitor content and schedule & coordinate publication of premium editions throughout the region working closely with design, newsrooms and call centers to ensure all stakeholders are informed.
- Audit and ensure compliance with all written and verbal disclaimer language as required by GateHouse legal (and updated periodically) regarding premium editions, vacation charges, activation fees, et al.
- Assist the Operations team as necessary with execution of single copy retail price changes and other single copy marketing efforts.
- Consistently review and evaluate consumer marketing processes and procedures for best practices and ensure appropriate communication and execution within the region. Ensure timely execution of best practices communicated by corporate Consumer Marketing.
- Develop and submit plans for alternative revenue projects to Executive Planning Director.
- Work with the Consumer Marketing Acquisition team to deploy localized email, direct mail, and other marketing campaigns where necessary to achieve revenue and volume goals.
- Work with the Acquisition team to develop, implement and test new digital pricing and acquisition strategies utilizing Piano.
- Prepare reports on various consumer marketing efforts for the VP Planning and key leaders at local sites.
- Support local consumer marketing, distribution and/or operations representatives where necessary to ensure local consumer marketing revenue and volume goals are achieved.
- Demonstrated abstract reasoning and problem-solving ability
- Solid foundation in gathering and interpreting data in a business setting
- Ability to liaison and work through cross-functional departments and teams in remote settings
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and deadline driven
- Strong numerical aptitude
- Ability to use most Microsoft and Google analysis and communication tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective and persuasive leadership comfortable with all levels of staff, public and others
- Proven management skills and ability to manage day-to-day operations
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the editing, oversight and/or preparation of reports and the presentation of information to senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with various managers, staff and customers
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to exercise sound and independent judgment within general marketing principles
Education & Experience
- Minimum of three years experience in a circulation/consumer marketing department
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with circulation systems such as DTI/DSI/CircPro preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
- Must be able to travel periodically within the region with potential overnight stays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.