|Title:||Digital Sales Specialist|
|Location:||OH - Columbus|
The Columbus Dispatch is looking for a Digital Sales Specialist to join their team! Bring your digital sales savvy to one of the largest digital media companies in the U.S.
The primary responsibility of the Digital Sales Specialist is to increase digital advertising revenues by actively engaging with Multimedia Sales Executives (MMSE) in field calls, client visits and overall revenue driving activities. This position directly affects and is responsible for achieving or exceeding digital revenue targets in the market.
- Consistently meets/exceeds all digital revenue targets
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of all GateHouse Media sales and marketing assets, including all newspaper products, digital products and digital marketing services (ThriveHive) and able to transfer the knowledge to direct reports
- Follows GateHouse prescribed best practices on Pipeline Management and Gap Analysis, reviews all required sales process activities and provides direction and feedback to increase closing ratios
- Reviews market activities to develop new business by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the customer
- Drives customer retention through excellent customer service and in person visits
- Effectively communicates with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-)
- Maintains the highest levels of personal and professional behavior in the workplace and in the market
- Ensures that the team consistently meets and/or exceeds digital revenue goals. Always aware of performance to goal; measures sales executive performance by revenue to goal, quarterly and annually. Ensures that high levels of performance are always top of mind
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of competitive media landscape; use for new business development and sales analysis
- Ability to coach and develop cold calling and other prospecting techniques including social media where applicable
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed through others
- Ability to close new business and lead a team to exceed sales targets
- Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results, and coaching others to do so
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations
- Strong networking and community involvement skills
- Eagerness to learn, continually seeking to improve sales skills and the skills of others
- Strong time management and follow up skills
- Organized with an attention for detail
- Computer and software experience with MS Office programs including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience in media related business.
- Sales management experience, preferably in outside sales environment
- Must have prior experience with digital marketing sales
GateHouse Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: