|Title:||Digital Channel Specialist (SEM)|
|Location:||OH - Columbus|
|Job Category:||Consumer Marketing|
GateHouse Media is seeking a Digital Channel Special (SEM) - to help grow our print and digital audience through a focused effort on search engine marketing (SEM). This role will be primarily responsible for the design, development and delivery of search engine marketing campaigns to aggressively drive print & digital subscriptions for all GateHouse Media properties. The SEM Channel Specialist must have deep knowledge of how news consumers seek news through popular search engines as well as the ranking techniques used by each search engine.
This position will report to the Manager, Digital Subscription Marketing - Channel Sales.
- Collaborate with our inhouse digital marketing solutions group to develop and implement a market leading search engine marketing strategy that significantly increase lead volumes and conversion across search, display and video
- Manage all aspects of Search Engine Marketing activity, including evergreen and promotional campaigns across Google and Yahoo
- Manage optimization of Search campaigns to improve Cost Per Click (CPC), Click Through Rate (CTR) and attributed voluntary starts including keyword research and selection, bid-management strategy and tactics and roll-out and management of campaign specific landing pages
- Research and experimentation through new SEM channels, methods and tactics
- 2+ years hands-on experience managing digital marketing campaigns, preferably within a start-up or high-growth B2C business
- A proven track record in delivering high-growth campaigns across multiple digital touch points, in particular, social media and Google Adwords
- Proficient in HTML, manipulating cascading style sheets (CSS), and an understanding of website design and usability
- Highly organized self-starter with strong problem solving skills and an anything is possible attitude
- Willingness to travel domestically 10-20% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: