|Title:||Manager, On-Site Optimization|
|Location:||OH - Columbus|
|Job Category:||Consumer Marketing|
GateHouse Media is seeking a Manager, On Site Optimization to drive print & digital consumer revenue and volume. This position will specifically manage the eCommerce subscription flow, onsite messaging/offer presentation, search engine optimization and build a comprehensive on-site content vertical strategy to drive leads and conversions.
This position will work closely with the newsrooms, marketing operations, finance and digital development teams to create and execute an on-site audience development strategy using a variety of metrics and data points. From A/B testing on-site e-commerce offerings to optimizing our onsite messaging & offer presentation, you’ll make sure we’re continuing to grow our audience through different tactics and smart learnings.
This position will report to the VP, Acquisitions and will manage a team of 1-2 digital optimization specialists.
- Oversee the strategy, development and management of all on-site e-commerce, offer presentation and messaging to drive print & digital subscriptions for all GateHouse Media publications
- Collaborate with newsrooms, digital product development and CMS vendors to rack and effectively deploy an SEO strategy with a goal for GateHouse Media news content to appear among the top organic searches on popular search engines
- Develop an enterprise-wide e-commerce solution strategy to maximize efficiencies, workflow and scale of operation across all sites and mobile assets owned and operated by GateHouse Media
- Identify, select and negotiate contracts with vendors to provide the best solutions in e-commerce and SEO
- Collaborate with internal teams including marketing operations, newsrooms and digital design & development to deploy “test & learn” digital laboratories to test and scale:
- Messaging and A/B testing in eCommerce subscription flow through messaging and offer presentment starting from website entryways through the purchase.
- A/B tests and use of data / analytical intelligence to optimize presentation of landing pages, eCommerce, and messaging, including setting up new customer targets and maintaining existing ones
- End-to-end testing before any updates are pushed into production.
- Work closely with planning/analytics team and digital development team to report results
- Drives implementation of operational plans by engaging external agencies, internal cross-functional partners
- 5+ years of work experience in digital operations, digital marketing, digital sales and other relevant experience
- Experience with a customer data platform, database marketing systems, A/B testing and/or eCommerce a plus
- Proven ability to implement, execute and test sales campaigns
- Detail oriented, well organized and flexible in fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret data and make recommendations based on analytical findings
- Willingness to travel domestically 10-20% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.