|Title:||Manager,Digital Audience Development|
|Location:||OH - Columbus|
|Job Category:||Consumer Marketing|
GateHouse Media is seeking to hire a Manager, Digital savvy Audience Development professional to help grow our digital audience footprint and deepen our relationship with news consuming audiences through a variety of platforms and traffic channels. This position will be responsible for building and executing a comprehensive content & inbound marketing strategy, lead nurturing journeys, email newsletter strategy and social engagement toolkit.
Working closely with our editorial, digital and marketing teams, this position will create and execute a clear audience development strategy using a variety of metrics and data points. From A/B testing headlines on social to optimizing our newsletter engagement and lead nurturing journeys, this position will make sure we’re continuing to grow our audience through different tactics and smart learnings.
This position will report to the VP, Acquisitions and will manage a team of 1-2 audience development specialists.
- Continuously identify, assess, and prioritize opportunities and campaigns; test new channels and partnerships to expand our publications reach and relevance to new, untapped audiences
- Partner with our social media and newsroom teams to develop a robust social media strategy to engage prospects at the top of the funnel and build a comprehensive lead nurturing program with the ultimate goal of converting them into paid subscribers
- Identify and execute new content distribution opportunities to socialize our content on platforms outside of our owned and operated sites
- Develop and implement a market leading an email marketing content & CRM strategy to optimize consumer journeys to achieve higher lead to sales conversion - data segmentation A/B & MVT testing
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders including digital, newsroom, design, marketing operations, etc. to gain support to implement new email newsletters based on consumer content interests in order to drive deeper consumer engagement
- Track and measure results on a consistent basis and make strategic recommendations to consumer marketing & newsroom executives
- Digital professional with 5+ years’ experience of digital marketing within different industries or agencies
- A passion for emerging platforms and a full and broad knowledge of effective inbound, social & email marketing strategies and techniques
- An understanding of social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter
- Excellent content creation, A/B & Multi Variate testing skills
- Personal experience of achieving better-than-expected results (rankings/traffic/conversions) across a number of campaigns
- Analytical, with a proven ability to interpret large amounts of information, news, data and research quickly – and distil the most important/relevant information for intelligent strategic development
- Proficient user of Google Analytics and other major third party analytics platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: