|Title:||Manager, Content, Publisher & Platform Sales|
|Location:||OH - Columbus|
|Job Category:||Consumer Marketing|
GateHouse Media is seeking a Manager of Content, Publisher & Platform Sales to build new affinity partnerships, licensing agreements and content distribution relationships with large, national organizations that have a strategic fit or complement the core competencies and content generated by GateHouse Media. This is a position for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment while developing partnerships between national affinity groups and digital content distribution powerhouses to increase overall audience engagement & revenue. This role will also take ownership of operationalizing a variety of content partnerships - from link exchanges and social swaps with 3rd party publishers to pitching editorial ideas to platforms such as Flipboard and Apple News – this position will be our operational point on a variety of content partnerships.
In addition to providing a proactive approach to marketing and business recommendations, the position will also oversee the program development for all GateHouse Media markets.
This position will report to the VP, Acquisitions.
- Oversee the strategy, development and management of all affinity partnerships, content licensing agreements and newsstand strategies for content generated by all GateHouse Media publications
- Develop marketing plan, sales strategy and program objectives to sign on new partners under commercial contracts
- Negotiate pricing for new and existing partners to meet and exceed target channel partner revenue goals
- Help onboard newly signed content/platform partners by creating a scalable repeatable process with current partners
- Take existing partners and build them into more meaningful strategic and multi-layered relationships
- Work with senior management, Digital development, Finance and marketing teams to develop program guidelines, process, pricing and materials required for partnership presentations
- Perform in-depth analysis and reporting of programs to optimize their performance
- Responsible for ensuring that all partnerships are executed with accuracy with all elements that are required including, but not limited to: definition of projects, meeting deadlines, time management, contingency planning, approval channels and procedures, analysis and tracking/monitoring procedures
- Drives implementation of operational plans by engaging external agencies, internal cross-functional partners.
- Elicit and analyze information on program performance by collaborating with planning/analysis tteam to develop robust internal & external reporting Business Intelligence tools.
- At least 4-6 years of combined sales and account management experience within the media, digital technology or content licensing business.
- Existing relationships with digital content distribution platforms (Apple / Google newsstands, Amazon, etc.), publishers and networks preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization, and organizational skills, as well as a strong attention to detail
- Willingness to travel domestically 10-20% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: